Saturday, February 26, 2011

Should CBS permanently cancel 'Two and a Half Men' after Charlie Sheen's rant (listen)?








The Charlie Sheen rant that resulted in a "Two and a Half Men" cancellation, at least for the rest of the 2010 - 2011 season, has hit the Web. At the same time, some people are saying that the show should be cancelled --- permanently.

Charlie Sheen ranted about several topics on Thursday's Alex Jones radio show. It's perhaps fortunate for Sheen that we only heard him, and didn't see him. His verbal antics were strange enough.

One of the parts of the "interview," such as it was, that probably earned Sheen the denial of his checks for the remainder of the year was his comments on the Vanity Card that producer Chuck Lorre ran after the Feb. 14 episode of Men, saying he will be pissed if Sheen outlives him. Lorre said:
I exercise regularly. I eat moderate amounts of healthy food. I make sure to get plenty of rest. I see my doctor once a year and my dentist twice a year. I floss every night. I’ve had chest x–rays, cardio stress tests, EKG’s and colonoscopies. I see a psychologist and have a variety of hobbies to reduce stress. I don’t drink. I don’t smoke. I don’t do drugs. I don’t have crazy, reckless sex with strangers.

If Charlie Sheen outlives me, I’m gonna be really pissed.
On Alex Jones' show, Charlie Sheen ranted the following:
“I didn’t care about that vanity card, I went straight home and dispelled that, that was actually one of the few compliments that clown has paid me in frickin’ almost a decade. I embarrassed him in front of his children and the world by healing at a pace that this un-evolved mind cannot process. I’ve spent, I think, close to the last decade, I don’t know, effortlessly and magically converting your tin can into pure gold. And the gratitude I get is this charlatan chose not to do his job, which is to write."
It was later in the day the that same "clown," Chuck Lorre, announced the suspension of the "Two and a Half Men" series for the rest of the season.

Charlie Sheen also went off on Alcoholics Anonymous. He said,
"I have a disease?.“Bulls—. I cured it… with my mind… it’s all good guys. Quit panicking. No panic, no judgment… You can kill me but you do not have the right to judge me… I can’t use the word sober because that’s a term from those people, and I have cleansed myself. I have closed my eyes and in a nanosecond I cured myself from this ridiculous… It’s just the work of sissies. The only thing I’m addicted to right now is winning. You know? This bootleg cult arrogantly referred to as AA now supports a 5 percent success rate. My success rate is 100 percent. Do the math!"
The "interview" with Charlie Sheen was far-reaching and rambling. That wasn't the end of it, either. After the "Two and a Half Men" was cancelled for the rest of the season, Charlie Sheen continued to rant, this time in open letter form. Hesaid
What does this say about Haim Levine [Chuck Lorre] after he tried to use his words to judge and attempt to degrade me. I gracefully ignored this folly for 177 shows ... I fire back once and this contaminated little maggot can't handle my power and can't handle the truth. I wish him nothing but pain in his silly travels especially if they wind up in my octagon. Clearly I have defeated this earthworm with my words -- imagine what I would have done with my fire breathing fists. I urge all my beautiful and loyal fans who embraced this show for almost a decade to walk with me side-by-side as we march up the steps of justice to right this unconscionable wrong.

Remember these are my people ... not yours...we will continue on together...

Charlie Sheen
If the "Two and a Half Men" show wasn't raking in big bucks for CBS, it would have been permanently cancelled long ago. What do you think? Should it be cancelled? You can vote below, and listen to the Charlie Sheen rant, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment